Friday 24 February 2012

'Nationwide' City Book



Nationwide was a BBC news and current affairs television programme broadcast on each weekday following the early evening news. It followed a magazine format, combining politics, consumer affairs, light entertainment and sports reporting.  The programme featured a mini-series on City in the 1977-1978 season and viewers could send away for the 26 page book pictured above.  At 12 years old, this was the moment that got me interested in City,  and I was hooked from that day on!  Peter Barnes was my favourite player in the team featured by Nationwide.  Little did I know I'd have to wait until 2011 to see them win a major trophy!
A lot of Nationwide's content was live and this was not recorded,  the series on City would have been pre-recorded and is probably still in the BBC's archive. Will it ever see the light of day again?  I'd be grateful for any further information on this series.

No comments: